I have taken a bit of time and complied a list. A list? Yes, a list. A list of songs. It is a pretty calm list compared to others, but perfectly sums up the mood that I have created for myself this evening.
With nothing further to say about this, here’s a soft playlist for a night in.
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/5656206″]
Ahhh, school is back in and in case you haven’t heard:
IT’S FRICKING COLD OUT
So here’s the lowdown, I had a lot of expectations for myself this week and my plans to post more than once (whoops). So instead of posting multiple times, I’m just grouping it all into this one post. Rather than trying to explain all the details of my whirlwind week, I figured I would just sum it up in a series gifs.
1. As previously mentioned the weather was less-than desirable and it made me like:
2. Finding out that I will be conducting research and writing a thesis:
3. Partying on the first week back like:
4. Day after like:
5. When Uptown Funk came on the radio:
6. My futile attempt to work off those extra pounds I gained over the holidays like:
7. When I actually went to the gym and some witch hogs a mat she isn’t planning on using:
8. Seriously though, braving the cold:
9. Going downtown with friends:
10. When OSAP is late:
11. The day I stayed at school all day just to find out I didn’t have to:
12. Me turnt on Friday night like:
13. Oh and lastly, 100 days till my trip:
BONUS: I made a playlist to help start off your year off on a good foot! Enjoy 🙂
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/5547697″]
I constantly find my self singing and dancing as a way to find peace in times of high stress, its practically medically proven or something. Here’s the scene: it’s 2 am, I’m writing a 3000 word paper and close to my breaking point, I get up and just dance. This requires some pretty stealthy moves to not wake up/piss off my roommates.
Usually ends up with a lot of “shitty-hand-jive” and a bit of “I-don’t-know-how-to-two-step-but-whatever” and singing realllly quietly, or in times of extremely high stress, caution is thrown to the wind and loud singing happens.
So for any of you in desperate need of a good emergency dance party this one’s for you:
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/5226539″]
Well, its here! Pull up your knit socks and slip into your comfiest ugly sweater because CHRISTMAS. If you are not yet in the Christmas spirit here is a picture of a cute dog wearing antlers, and if that doesn’t put you in the Christmas spirit then
WHAT KIND OF SICK ANIMAL ARE YOU what does?
Together with my trusty side-kick, otherwise known as my roommate Kelly, we have come up with our list of the best Christmas songs:
1. Mariah Carey- All I Want for Christmas: This song is my favourite Christmas song, it wins every race, it is singable, danceable and all around fabulous (Mariah Carey, Duh.)
2. Michael Buble- Jingle Bells: This comes in first for Kelly and a barely-second-should-be-first-but-Mariah from me. He is amazing, and his Christmas cd has been on repeat for days in my house.
3. Beach Boys: Little Saint Nick: A classic, perfect for group harmonies, or in the case of my friends, a out of tune, no actual words version because we only know the chorus.
4. Chipmunks: Santa Don’t Be Late: this was a childhood favourite, sang it to my parents with my cutest “please don’t give me coal” face.
5. Michael Buble- White Christmas ft. Shania Twain: good ol’ Canadian Christmas duet, eh?
6. Brenda Lee- Rocking around the Christmas tree: another classic, it is a good jam. And when given the choice of various pop artists covers of this song, I chose this one always.
7. Jose Feliciano- Feliz Navidad: perfect Christmas dance party song, I admit that me and my grandma do our best dance moves to this while preparing Christmas dinner.
8. Bruce Springsteen- Santa Claus is coming to town: get our classic rock Christmas jam on with this one.
9. Frank Sinatra- Let It Snow: If Michael Buble wasn’t the giveaway, I am a huge crooner fan, and Frank does Christmas right.
10. You’re a Mean One Mister Grinch: Not in the list of traditional Christmas songs but this one is great. His heart grows 3 sizes, 3 SIZES!
11. Christmas Vacation- Marvis Staples: Favourite Christmas movie, good theme song.
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/5170006″]
We all have those days, weeks, months, that are just so hectic that you don’t feel like you get a chance to just sit down and enjoy the moment. It makes time feel like it is moving way too fast and you are whirling in circles trying to steady yourself for long enough to get your bearings. We all get this way sometimes, a little off track whether it be in school, life or work, and we all need to de-stress and disconnect ourselves for a bit. So that is the purpose of this post, grab yourself a cup a tea and relaaaaax. youfeelme?
First take a minute and breathe, yes I know that seems simple but take longer breathes and focus on how your stomach moves while you breathe
Next start the playlist below, it is full of angst-relieving serenity, bam.
[8tracks width=”300″ height=”250″ playops=”” url=”http://8tracks.com/mixes/5124728″]
It feels like yesterday that I was turning my calendar to October and eying the busy month ahead. Somehow I made it through midterms and family gatherings to get to November, which is one of my favourite months, the air is cool, a little snow and Christmas music starts. Magical ✨